If Nehemiah’s faith in prayer can change a nation, we can make a difference in the state of Michigan as well. He prayed specifically for the needs of family, faith and future. Here are some things to pray for that are currently being considered and discussed in legislation in Lansing and Washington.
- Praise: We are thankful for the many conservative candidates that were elected into office. We realize that our elected officials are human and may not have all our views and values on all issues pertaining to religious liberty and family values, but we can pray that God will direct their hearts toward godly principles. Pro. 21:1 says, “The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water he turneth it whithersoever he will.”
- Pray daily for all our elected officials by name. You can view a list of people in the government section of this website.
- Pray for our state leaders to uphold family values that teach marriage between a naturally born man and a naturally born woman.
- Pray that public bathrooms will continue to be designated for naturally born women and men.
- Pray for the Second Amendment right to carry a firearm for law-abiding citizens to be strengthened.